Inaugurated in September 2020, Page One Gives is made up of Page One Web Solutions employees for the purpose of bringing about positive change in our community and industry. It is open to all employees to participate and be involved, everyone is given an equal voice and ability to affect change.
Right now we’re focused on Racial Justice.
What we’re doing to fight racial injustice in our community:
- Education – Inspired by this quote from Maya Angelou: “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better” We know it starts with us, the individual, we’re focused on educating ourselves on issues related to racial inequality and injustice.
- Committed to Standing in Solidarity (Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce) which is more than a pledge, it’s a call to action.
- Participated in Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce’s 21 Day Racial Equity Challenge.
- Pledged funds to #BlackLivesMatterMaine which is working to build a new, inclusive, expansive chapter recognizing the margins of identities shared by Black people and to affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum.
- Pledged funds to Maine’s Racial Justice Fund, which was established in 2020 by the Maine Justice Foundation, and seeks to educate and advocate for systemic change that will foster racial justice and equity in Maine.
In the past, Page One Web Solutions has focused on:
- Environmental Protection – We spent the day cleaning up Casco Bay with Friends of Casco Bay.
- Cystic Fibrosis Research – Pledged funds Emily’s Entourage to help fast-track research and drug development for rare, nonsense mutations of Cystic Fibrosis (CF).
Page One Web Solutions also supports its employees to help serve their communities in ways that interest them. Our employees collectively focus on:
- Animal Rescue & Homelessness
- Food Insecurity
- Human Trafficking
- Domestic Abuse & Violence
- Community-Specific Outreach
- Refugee Support & Services
- International Disaster Relief