Page One Web Solutions looking for a full-time Junior Web Developer to join a friendly digital marketing firm in Portland, Maine.
We have an awesome team, and we’d love for a self-motivated individual who enjoys challenges and can perform well under deadlines to join it. We are looking for someone who loves to learn – who stays up to date with web development and design trends, is capable of finding creative solutions to client needs, and strives to develop efficient code.
We are a digital marketing agency with a wide variety of clients spanning an array of industries. We’re looking for someone who’ll bring the same level of enthusiasm and forward-thinking to the development of a website no matter who it is for – a widget manufacturer, a high-profile real estate agency, or a local non-profit. Every day is different!
We are a hardworking company but have a laid back and enjoyable work environment with great benefits and generous PTO, good camaraderie, and everyone at the office looks forward to our Friday lunches.
If you are looking to enter the dynamic world of web development and digital marketing, this could be an ideal opportunity for you. This position offers the opportunity to learn in a highly collaborative environment from a seasoned team of professionals.
Do you like dogs? This may be the perfect workplace for you.
- Understanding of LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP) based development
- Understanding of popular content management systems (WordPress, Squarespace)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and current standards
- Working knowledge of responsive websites for mobile devices
- Experience with some sort of PHP framework such as CakePHP
- Experience with database develpment
- Experience with data migration between platforms (exporting, mapping, importing)
- Mobile application development
- IT support including email setup and troubleshooting
- Basic server administration (DNS, migration of sites)
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- Hooks and filters in WordPress
- Adobe Photoshop
- WordPress plugin development
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Medical insurance paid 100% by company for employee
- Dental insurance paid 100% by company for employee
- Short-term Disability
- Generous PTO after only 90 days
- 401K retirement plan after meeting eligibility requirements
- Snacks, variety of coffee & tea, periodic company lunches
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Latest posts by Jenika (see all)
- Selecting the Right Keywords for Your Business, SEO Tips from Bubba - April 24, 2015
- P1WS Celebrates Haiku Poetry Day - April 17, 2015
- Our Favorite Internet Web Browsers and Extensions - April 15, 2015